- Write E-Mail
- +49 731 173229
Our region is a great place for start-ups to germinate – and to grow as a company. There is plenty of practical advice on hand in Ulm-Biberach to answer any questions young entrepreneurs may have. There is plenty of capital and expertise here, too. And our doors are always open if you have an interesting idea. Our start-up scene focuses on IT/digitalisation, biotechnology, logistics, commercial vehicles and mechanical engineering.
The Ulm-Biberach region is a fertile location where start-ups can grow excellently - they can grow up and become "adults". Ulm-Biberach has all the know-how, advice and capital that young entrepreneurs need to gain their own expertise. Many doors open here when start-ups come up with an exciting idea. Our start-up scene focuses on IT/Digitalisation, Medical Technology, Biotechnology, Logistics, Commercial Vehicle Construction and Mechanical Engineering.
Ulm-Biberach is the uncomplicated start-up ecosystem with short distances - fast, flexible and solution-oriented. The start-up network of the region itself thinks "out-of-the-box" so that start-ups can benefit from it and small and medium-sized companies find themselves at home.
As an initiative of the IHK Ulm, the "Startup-Region Ulm" was founded, which quickly developed into a community with regular meetings and activities. In addition to real meetings, the "Startup-Region Ulm" also has an online platform at www.startup-region-ulm.de where start-ups can create their profiles and share events, offers, and more.
The TFU, the start-up and innovation centre of the region, is a Pre-Seed-Partner of Start-up BW, so that start-ups already have the chance to get venture capital in the early stages of their development. In this successful project, which has already handed over EUR 13 million and is providing funds of around EUR 200,000, 20% from an external co-investor is sufficient to receive the remaining 80% from the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg. The funds will be provided by the L-Bank as a loan with indemnity from liability. The aim is to finance the first phase of the company's development so that a good evaluation can be made for the first financing round.
The players in the Ulm-Biberach region are networking very closely. Blinkers and "we have always done it this way" are not an issue here. One is creative and - if it serves the cause - also disruptive when out-of-date issues have to be addressed. The players in the Ulm-Biberach region are closely networked and are throwing their balls at each other. Blinkers and "we have always done it this way" are not an issue here. One is creative and - if it serves the cause - also disruptive with old pigtails. The ecosystem likes to interpret new trends and developments in its own way, so that the new developments that often emerge fit the region perfectly.
From the Lord Mayors, District Administrators, Savings Bank Board Members, Business Development Agencies, and Universities to established companies, everyone is on board and working in the interest of the start-up region. Start-ups get help and support where they might not have expected it. The people from Ulm-Biberach are happy to help, but they don't necessarily talk about it ...
The many innovative and economically strong medium-sized companies live the start-up idea for themselves and thus take in many talents who do not even start up in the first place. For those who then set up their own business, however, the strong economic environment is a good breeding ground for cooperation and especially for B2B business. The Ulm-Biberach region is of course not an island, but rather well connected by an international and national network. In this context, the focus is on win-win situations and not only business relationships, but also close friendships.
Anyone who wants to join in is very welcome. In this region boasting a high recreational value, people are looking forward to seeing you!